This year, Sesame Street reaching an amazing milestone: 50 years! Muppet fans have been eagerly awaiting news about what their celebration might entail, and we now have an answer.
Sesame Workshop has announced a string of events and projects that will carry through the entire year of 2019, leading up to the official 50th anniversary on November 10th and beyond. Check out this impressive list:
- A 50th season (naturally) on HBO
- A nationwide road trip, in which the Sesame Street Muppets can interact with kids across America
- An expansion on the “Sesame Street in Communities” initiative, which addresses issues like substance abuse and foster care to better support kids and families in need
- The launch of a new international Sesame Street co-production for displaced kids in Syria and the surrounding Middle East region
- Celebrity and fan-fueled social media campaigns (keep an eye on the #ThisIsMyStreet hashtag!)
- New collaborations across fashion, lifestyle, and themed entertainment
- A star-studded prime-time special to air in November
Phew! That’s a lot. And we’re expecting even more than that.
Stay tuned throughout 2019 for more as we celebrate Sesame Street‘s 50th anniversary with the world!
Click here to count to 50 on the ToughPigs forum!
by Joe Hennes – Joe@ToughPigs.com